Start/Stop Residential

General Service Requirements
  • Junction boxes, troughs, or main breakers are not accepted on the source side of multi-metered developments.
  • To provide CPWS needed access a 40-foot easement on primary and a minimum of 10-foot easement for overhead service conductors will be required.
  • When service is placed underground, a minimum of 10-foot easement for primary and secondary is required.
  • Secondary conductors shall be sized to meet or exceed the bus capacity of the service entrance equipment on commercial and industrial installations.
  • CPWS will furnish and install padmounted transformers, primary conductors, and make all connections in transformers.
Residential, Multi-Family Developments
  • Developer must submit a master plan and phasing plans.
  • Power Engineering will lay out the development, take CPWS system phase balance into consideration while designing.
  • Engineer will estimate the construction cost associated with the facility infrastructure and determine the contribution-in-aid (CIA) required for the development.
  • Developer must sign an agreement with CPWS indicating the developer desires CPWS to extend electrical facilities.
  • Developer must pay any required aid-in-construction amount and install facilities before CPWS will begin construction.
  • Developer to furnish and install all raceways as applicable.
  • Developer to furnish and install any needed equipment and transformer pads.
  • CPWS Engineering shall inspect underground customer supplied system prior to the ditches being back filled and the concrete pad forms before pouring.
  • Engineer will draft the work order for the project.
  • Work order is issued to Power Construction for the installation of needed facilities.
Single Phase, Individual Meter
  • Meet with Engineer to discuss service requirements.
  • Purchase electrical permits.
  • Commercial services requires permits to be purchased by a registered electrician.
  • Begin electrical work associated with the project.
  • Call for electrical inspections as the project progresses.
  • Pays any and all applicable fees and deposits associated with the project. Such fees may include connection fees, contribution in aid of construction, or a facilities repayment contract.
  • Apply for service with CPWS Customer Service Department.
  • Complete the project with an approved final inspection.
  • CPWS Engineer will draft work order for service extension.
  • CPWS Power Construction will install new facilities to provide service to the new structure.